Monday, July 17, 2017

A new chapter

Wow. Where do i even begin? 

I was accepted into UKM's Law School back in September 2015, i was in my first semester and alot of things happened in that very semester itself. Being in an IPTA gives you alot of exposure in alot of things, and it all depends on you to deconstruct it and take the good side of it. It really depends on you. You mix with the right people, you be in the right environment,  you contribute, give and take, you're good to go. 

But i mean, that really is very subjective to say. The right combination depends on you, whether you like it or not. Its a try and error process that you gotta go through cause the only way to survive is to go through it. 

Be it college wise or faculty wise, both have their own prospects and interest. I went with the flow, obviously. And made mistakes, obviously. But thats all in the process of learning, outside of class. I had no idea how organizing a program is such a norm in your varsity life, and that applies if you do take part in these kind of activities. You name it, be it a carnival, a charity run, a humanitarian expedition, a debating championship, and even an orchestra competition. Its up to your creativity and effort to make it work. 

In UKM, we have our MPP (Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar) which represents the students at the varsity level, we have our PMF (Persatuan Mahasiswa Fakulti) which represents the students at the faculty, we have our MEP (Majlis Eksekutif Pelajar) which represent the students at their residential college, we have our Persatuan Anak Negeri, also co-curricular clubs. Now thats a hell lot. And it all depends on you to get involved or not. 

Towards the end of my second semester, i went for the MEP interview of my residential college, and was given the mandate as an Academics and International Affairs Executive for the 2016/17 term. Kemain nama kan. 

Yet again, it was my choice to go to the interview, cause i wanted to experience being in an organisation in my university life. I mean, you really wont get the experience anywhere else. Of course, it had its up and downs. But i realize being pessimistic and negative wont get you anywhere except being miserable and bringing everyone down. People will end up hating you for being negative all the time. So you gotta live with your decisions. 

Like i mentioned before, organizing a program is such a norm. So referring to the position i was in, i had to organize two different programs for two different set of audience. One under my Academics portfolio, and one under my International Affairs portfolio. Maybe i'll explain more about my programs in another post.

But what i wanna share is that, despite having a very hectic semester, it taught me alot. Being in that particular organisation itself, really taught me alot. It also taught me that people would do anything for power. Nevertheless, i'm grateful for all the chances and opportunities i was given, especially the trust to hold such portfolios. 

My studies? Hahahaha well my first semester was pretty promising, but now that i've finished my second year of law school, it made me stop and think whether i really want this or not. Of course, thats just the demotivated me speaking. When we're down and just feeling hopeless, all sorts of negativity starts to mix with what you really want. 

I guess i dont really know. What i do know is that i wont get anywhere by whining and complaining. I just gotta suck it up and move forward. Afterall, you cant outwit fate by placing little side bets on the outcome of life. Its either you wade in and play or you dont play at all.  -Judith McNaught.



AS

No comments: